• Heart disease is the leading cause of death for women in the US, taking more female lives than all cancers, respiratory diseases, and Alzheimer’s disease combined (American Heart Association).
• At age forty-five, the lifetime risk for cardiovascular disease is more than 1 in 2 women (American Heart Association).
• Eight-in-ten people identify with a religious group worldwide, representing 84% of a world population of almost 7 billion (Pew Research).
• Older adults in the US are at increased risk for depression, with about 80% having at least one chronic health condition. (CDC)
• Women who suffer from a heart condition • Senior women with chronic health conditions • Senior women who are struggling with faith-related questions • Anyone in the cardiac community • Readers with loved ones who suffer from a heart condition • Church women’s groups