Cellular Internet of Things — Ebook
Technologies, Standards, and Performance
|Auteurs :||Eric Wang, Marten Sundberg, Johan Bergman, Olof Liberg, Joachim Sachs|
|Éditeur :||Academic Press|
|Catégories :||Technique et ingénierie / Ingénierie (général)|
Cellular Internet of Things: Technologies, Standards and Performance gives insight into the recent work performed by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) to develop systems for the Cellular Internet of Things. It presents both the design of the new Narrowband Internet of Things (NB-IoT) technology and how GSM and LTE have evolved to provide Cellular Internet of Things services. The criteria used for the design and objectives of the standardization work are explained, and the technical details and performance of each technology is presented. This book discusses the overall competitive landscape for providing wireless connectivity, also introducing the most promising technologies in the market.
Users will learn how cellular systems work and how they can be designed to cater to challenging new requirements that are emerging in the telecom industry, what the physical layers and procedures in idle and connected mode look like in EC-GSM-IoT, LTE-M, and NB-IoT, and what the expected performance of these new systems is in terms of expected coverage, battery lifetime, data throughput, access delay time and device cost.
- How cellular systems work, and how they can be designed to cater for challenging new requirements emerging in the telecom industry.
- How the physical layers and the procedures in idle and connected mode look like in EC-GSM-IoT, LTE-M, and NB-IoT.
- What the expected performance of these new systems is in terms of expected coverage, battery lifetime, data throughput, access delay time, and device cost.
- How the Low-Power-Wide-Area IoT market segment looks like and how different available solutions compare in terms of performance and compatibility with already existing radio networks.
- What system capacity and network level performance can be achieved when deploying these new systems, and in addition what deployment options are possible.
- Provides a detailed introduction to the EC-GSM-IoT, LTE-M and NB-IoT technologies
- Presents network performance of the 3GPP cellular technologies, along with an analysis of the performance of non-cellular alternatives operating in unlicensed spectrum
- Includes prediction of true performance levels using state-of-the-art simulation models developed in the 3GPP standardization process
Détails du livre numérique
|Format de fichier||Protection||Services 7switch|
|ePub||DRM Adobe Digital Edition||Aucun|
|DRM Adobe Digital Edition||Aucun|