Metals for Biomedical Devices — Ebook
|Editor :||Woodhead Publishing|
|Colecciones :||Woodhead Publishing Series in Biomaterials|
|Categorías :||Technology & engineering / Metallurgy, Technology & engineering / Material Science, Technology & engineering / Biomedical, Medical / Biotechnology|
Metals for Biomedical Devices, Second Edition, has been fully updated and builds upon the success of its first edition, discussing the latest techniques in metal processing methods and the behavior of this important material. Initial chapters review the current status and selection of metals for biomedical devices. Subsequent chapters cover mechanical behavior, degradation and testing, corrosion, wear testing and biocompatibility, the processing of metals for biomedical applications, including topics such as forging metals and alloys, surface treatment, coatings and sterilization. Chapters in the final section discuss the clinical applications of metals, such as cardiovascular, orthopedic and new generation biomaterials.
With its distinguished editor and team of expert contributors, this book is a standard reference for materials scientists, researchers and engineers working in the medical devices industry and academia.
- Reviews the latest techniques in metal processing methods, including surface treatment and sterilization
- Examines metal selection for biomedical devices, considering the biocompatibility of various metals
- Assesses mechanical behavior and the testing of metals, featuring the latest information on corrosion, fatigue and wear
- Discusses biodegradable alloys, including a new section on Mg alloys
- Includes a new section that discusses the use of additive manufacturing in the production of medical devices
También le puede interesar
Datos del libro electrónico
|Formato de archivo||Protección||Servicios de 7switch|
|ePub||DRM de Adobe Digital Editions||Ninguna|