The Handbook for Poor Students, Rich Teaching — Ebook
(A Guide to Overcoming Adversity and Poverty in Schools)
|Author :||Eric Jensen|
|Publisher :||Solution Tree Press|
|Categories :||Education / Professional Development|
Research on poverty and education shows that the majority of public school students in the United States qualify as poor, but you have the power to change their futures for the better. A companion to the revised edition of Eric Jensen's Poor Students, Rich Teaching, this book for teachers provides a plethora of tools, organizers, worksheets, and surveys designed to help you fully embrace the mindsets in the classroom that lead to richer teaching.
Implement strategies for overcoming adversity and poverty in schools with this practical guide:
- Explore seven essential mindsets in the classroom, as well as accompanying strategies for each.
- Discover specific actions and practices that will help you counteract the detrimental effects of poverty on education and student success.
- Learn how to build meaningful teacher-student relationships specifically with students from poverty.
- Understand how to engage students and change attitudes, cognitive capacity, effort, and classroom behaviors.
- Aid students in overcoming adversity and the effects of poverty on education.
A joint publication of ASCD and Solution Tree
About the Author
Part One: Implementing the Relational Mindset
Chapter 1: Personalize the Learning
Chapter 2: Connect Everyone for Success
Chapter 3: Show Empathy
Part Two: Implementing the Achievement Mindset
Chapter 4: Set Gutsy Goals
Chapter 5: Give Fabulous Feedback
Chapter 6: Persist With Grit
Part Three: Implementing the Positivity Mindset
Chapter 7: Boost Optimism and Hope
Chapter 8: Build Positive Attitudes
Chapter 9: Change the Emotional Set Point
Part Four: Implementing the Rich Classroom Climate Mindset
Chapter 10: Engage Voice and Vision
Chapter 11: Set Safe Classroom Norms
Chapter 12: Foster Academic Optimism
Part Five: Implementing the Enrichment Mindset
Chapter 13: Manage the Cognitive Load
Chapter 14: Strengthen Thinking Skills
Chapter 15: Enhance Study Skills and Vocabulary
Part Six: Implementing the Engagement Mindset
Chapter 16: Engage for Maintenance and Stress
Chapter 17: Engage for Deeper Buy-In
Chapter 18: Engage to Build Community
Part Seven: Implementing the Graduation Mindset
Chapter 19: Support Alternative Solutions
Chapter 20: Prepare for College and Careers
References and Resources
|File format||Protection||7switch's services|
|ePub||Adobe Digital Edition DRM||None|